For a couple of week I’m spamming colleagues: What’s the word of 2008? What is the main trend? Etc, etc…
I received a couple of reactions:
But today I figured out a real trend… At least in my eyes… 😉
2008 will be the year with good, sufficient and effective online HRM and recruitment. Take for example all the IT companies with their enourmous online vacancies, who letters full of details about the ideal ‘volunteer’.
Have those companies ever heard of ‘writing content for your audience’? Does a data analyst spent some time on analysing those data? But why are all your vacancies different? Different layout, different conten structure?
And why doesn’t your vacancy fit in the role your new employee has to deal with?
With the tight market of IT-professionals, developers and consultants, it becomes time to spent time on a good-looking recruitment page on your website. Please take the following advices from me and spread the word. The becomes better, I’m sure :). The funny thing is that the audience of this blog, webagencies, make those mistakes over and over as well. So save the world by starting today…. with enhancing your own website!
- Integrate vacancies in your site, specialistic recruitment sites are totally not personal and not matching your coporate identity.
- Describe the position in 200 words instead of 1200. I’m sure you’ll get better responses.
- For those who are interested, publish a full detailed vacancy written by someone who will work the the new guy.
- Describe all the benefits of working at your company(such as education budget, lease car, cellphone) on another page
- Make sure you can contact the HRM department directly. So make a contactform. Lots of people want to inform anonymous or just with an emailaddress, for several reasons, give them that opportunity!!
- Show your office on the recruitment pages, people are interested in those pics and they do make your pages match your corporate identity way
I can go one for hours with ideas. But I guess I’ve said enough. When I come across a good example, I’ll post it on my blog :).
Have a nice day!