Just foudn out that Sitecore really listens to feedback :). A while ago I sent the developer my own URLUtil as Item.Path.GetFriendlyUrl() seemed to create broken links for more advanced site-configs.
So I spent a whole day on writing this util and look, the latest build(earlier build might have it too) has the following overloads:
- GetFriendlyUrl() //Default, no interface changesÂ
- GetFriendlyUrl(bool shorten) //Default, no interface changes
- GetFriendlyUrl(string sitename) //Resolve url by site
- GetFriendlyUrl(string startPath, string virtualFolder) //Same a above but now you can control your own startath and virtual folder
Goo to see that Sitecore actually listens to this kind of feedback. Altough I remember I had a very strong case, I didn’ t expect them to accelarate this quick without breaking any interfaces at all :).
Note: haven’t testedÂ it fully, but it seems to work :).