This might take a lot of work away :). Here’s the web.config changelog between 5.3.1 build 070515 and 070628:
- All tags are not shortened. For example: <sc include …></sc:include> is now <sc.include … />
Which means that the file is around 510 lines shorter
- Physical paths in scheduling and log4net sections are now replaced by $(dataFolder)
- Physical paths in the settings ‘Licensefile’, ‘LogFile’and ‘PackagePath’ are now replaced by $(dataFolder)
- Sites can have an additional attribute:
disableXmlControls: If set to true, loading Xml Controls as pages will be disabled.
- The setting ‘HtmlEditor.SupportWebControls’ is introduced(as described in the changelog:
<!– HTML EDITOR SUPPORT WEB CONTROLS
Indicates if the Html Editor supports web controls. If true, Web Controls are shown as yellow boxes.
Default value: true
<setting name=”HtmlEditor.SupportWebControls” value=”true” />
Take a look at the default values ;-)… Will report it to Sitecore Support later on today.
<!– COUNTERS INSTANCE NAME
Indicates the instance name to assign to counters.
Default value: [empty string]
<setting name=”Counters.InstanceName” value=”Default” />
<!– RESET COUNTERS
Indicates if performance counters will be reset on Sitecore startup.
Default value: false
<setting name=”Counters.ResetOnStartup” value=”true” />
Thank you WinMerge for helping me :).
Update: The other config-files are 100% identical. I’m talking about the /App_Config/-files