One of the things I’m missing these days in our productionline of Sitecore solution is a checklist. I’ve created the first part below:
- How are you going to install? XCopy? MSI? Installer?
- In case of 5.3 have you thought about sufficient rights for creating prepromence counters?
- Have you made a release build of your code?
- Web.config checks:
- Is the sites-section configured in a right way? Are development hostnames removed and production hostnames filled in?
- Is the publish:end event configured for all custom sites?
- Are the cacheSizes configured for all custom websites?
- 5.3 only: Same goes out to the fastCache…
- Are any module specific settings right for the final environment?
- Have you talked with the sysops about the logfiles, what should be logged, where, how long should it remain there?
- Have you cleaned up the Archive and Recycle Bin?
- Have you removed all your test-items out of your master database(-s)?
- Is your Core-database configured right? Are all the changes to it listed?
- Have you cleanup unused users from both the Extranet and Security databases?
- Have you checked the logs on any errors? Does your solution produce unexpected errors?
- Do you have a correct license-file? Does it work with all the modules?
I guess this isn’t the full checklist. It’s just a start. Feel free to add items to it by replying on this post. I’ll update this post.