I read in my SharpReader(which will be replaced with RssBandit, by Carnage4Life) that Microsoft did release XML Notepad 2.0. Which is a quite nice tool! It makes Sheer UI development and debugging Sitecore Items much easier. Take a look at the screenshot below:
List of the features in XML Notepad 2.0(list by Can Erten):
- Open source
- Comes with source code, samples (look at the directory you’ve installed)
- Very simple user interface
- Intellisense support based on XSD.
- Great navigation and adding of XML objects (like element, attribute, comment) simply by providing before and after points.
- Copy cut paste XML objects
- Find feature is also nice, it is possible to use regular expressions or Xpath language.
- XSL Output after the XSLT transformation.
- Error list similar faÃ§on of Visual Studio